11/11/2015

Object detection and recognition on mobile device (Android)



Object detection and recognition on mobile device


   Few months ago, I had implemented Object detection algorithm (FastRCNN and FasterRCNN) on Android arm 

and x86 platform. However, there are some performance issue needed to resolve. For example, it takes a long to 

recognize all bounding boxes and use too much memory on  mobile platforms. I have tried openCL on my 

Android phone, but it won't be better. So I am going to remove some layers of Convolution Neural Network to 

improve speed and memory, but I am not sure of how much accuracy will drop down. I am also 

going to try pruning methods and other BLAS like MKL to speed up forwarding on mobile device.  



Image recognition:



Object detection on HTC Desire Eye 













Source:
https://github.com/tzutalin/Android-Object-Detection

1 comment:

  1. Hey great job! Want to share your results on your latest experiments?

    ReplyDelete